Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > 2007 ford fusion pcm pats sync
2007 ford fusion pcm pats sync

3615 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-18 00:50:06

•   Level 2   
    (22) points

2017-06-15 21:04:39
     I had to replace my pcm. So now i have done everything the elite tells me to do but the pats key proggramming still wont take. any suggestions

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-15 21:11:11 (Reply to:)

It will be good to know what your Elite told you to do, that way we can tell you what you need to do that your Elite didn't tell you.

first your pcm requires flashing, not possible with your maxisys ,will need to buy an online sub from ford to flash this pcm in order to rewrite the vin number. a passthru and a pc is required as well, no android.

then  go back to pats and click on  parameter reset, if asked which module was replaced then choose pcm. 2 keys are required to complete the programming. good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points

2017-06-15 21:58:02 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
    The pcm was flashed allready and programmed to my vin. The two keys i have i am trying to synch with the pats. I do everything that i can. I do the 10 minute security mode. then go to erase and reprogram for the pats and keys. it says successfull. then when i do the programming for both keys they never work. im wondering if anyone else has had the same problems. I do the off to on for 3 seconds for both keys but they still wont take and start the car. i even reset the kam on the pcm i read were you may have to do that.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-16 11:52:45 (Reply to:)

did you do parameter reset? do that instead of erase and reprogram keys .was the option ( parameter reset) available for your vehicle?

is the security light on steady or flashing

•   Level 2   
    (22) points

2017-06-16 16:06:41 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     Security light stays on. Going to try reset now will update.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points

2017-06-17 00:29:32
     Did evareything I could with computer. Says its successfull but keys don't work. Did parameter reset and key reset. Doesn't work for this car. Next step is ford ids. Not the first time Autel Maxisys elite let me down. 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-17 03:30:58 (Reply to:)

yes that is true, autel has let me down more times than I want to remember but also keep in mind one of the keys could be defective, even if it worked before, happened to me so many times, specially with aftermarket keys. read the data to see how many keys are actually programmed. usually when the light stays on steady it means its waiting for the second key, otherwise it will be flashing. when the tool says successful that only means that security access was granted and the relearn has started successfully but not that the keys were programmed. if you have access to the ids then give it a try otherwise get a third key and give that a try as well, do a parameter reset again and try all 3 keys, 2 of them will take. good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points

2017-06-17 21:55:27 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     OK thanks will go he a third key and try again. Both keys worked with old computer. But will try any way

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-18 00:50:06 (Reply to:)

yes I know, but keep in mind also that the 2 available working  keys could have been previously cloned , which in reality there is only one. ford and mazda needs 2 keys to program and start the vehicle, once that is accomplished you can clone all you want and you could start the vehicle with 2 identical keys and not know they are actually the same key. now in the event that all keys are erased  or pcm is replaced etc ,and you need to program again ,they can not be cloned keys. maybe this is not the case here and its just a tool's software bug but keep it in mind for future reference.
  Total1 Pages